DEVELOPMENT ANALYST (MASS SPECTROMETRY)
Metabolomic Diagnostic’s technology is based on the quantification of metabolites and proteins present in the bloodstream early in the pregnancy. To further Metabolomic Diagnostics’ product development, it is hiring an experienced Analyst-Mass Spectrometry Scientist. The successful candidate preferably has a track record of developing quantitative LC-MS/MS assays and exhibits an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Work as part of the Research and Development team on the day-to-day lab activities.
- Collaborate in the development and validation of robust analytical test methods, including transfer and training of analytical methods.
- Ensure the proper and timely preparation and review of protocols, reports, technical reviews, risk analysis and other documents.
- Execute LC-MS/MS studies on large sample cohorts and perform real time data analysis.
- Perform routine maintenance and troubleshoot instrument related problems on the lab instrumentation.
- Assist in exploring LC-MS/MS based product opportunities and execution of proof of concept studies.
- BSc or MSc in Analytical Sciences or related field with a minimum of 5 years industry experience.
- Hands on experience in quantitative analysis and/ or bioanalysis using LC-MS/MS.
- Ability to work proactively without direct supervision within a team environment.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Able to maintain complete and accurate records and work in accordance with established procedures.
- Good time management skills and ability to meet and accommodate multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Willing to operate in a flexible manner and be able to switch priorities at short notice.
- Experience in protein sample preparation would be an advantage.
- Strong awareness of medical device regulations (ISO 13485, 21CFR 820) and international guidelines for bioanalytical method validation (EMA, FDA, CLSI) would be a strong asset
- Experience in biological sample handling and sample preparation would be beneficial.
- Good knowledge of statistical techniques is desirable.
- Experience of clinical industrial research or IVD.
Working with Metabolomic Diagnostics
The position presents a unique experience to be part of a dynamic, international team focused on delivering novel mass spectrometry diagnostic solutions for mothers-to-be. As a member of the team you will contribute to bringing product to market from Conception to Validation. Being part of an early stage company presents a great opportunity to rapidly expand one’s experience beyond the technical aspects of mass spectrometry, as you will be involved in transforming sound scientific work into a commercially viable product.
Interested applicants should contact email@example.com