Metabolomic Diagnostics Ltd is a deep-tech company specialized in the development of novel biomarker-
based diagnostic solutions for complex diseases. The company is developing novel and innovative tests to
predict pregnancy related complications prior to their clinical manifestation. To further Metabolomic
Diagnostics’ product development, we are hiring a Laboratory Technician to support the work of the Research &
Development team in our regulated laboratory environment.
- Work as part of the Research & Development team on the day-to-day laboratory and biorepository activities.
- Support the management of the company’s biorepository, including use of biobanking software, facility maintenance, adherence to and implementation of best biorepository governance practices and physical sample handling.
- Provide support with general laboratory and biorepository functions including but not limited to:
- General Housekeeping
- Preparation and labelling of reagents.
- Verification, Transfer and Subaliquoting of clinical samples.
- Ensure equipment is maintained (calibration, cleaning) in accordance with GLP requirements.
- Control of R&D consumable and reagent stocks.
- Assistance of laboratory analytical personnel as required
- Management of sample journeys through the laboratory
- Support in the management and maintenance of service contracts for R&D laboratory and Biorepository as appropriate.
- Assist Research and Development Scientists with review and checks of laboratory notebooks, reports and other relevant documentation.
- Actively participate in drafting of new SOPs and SOP revisions.
- Support Validation of new product performance or new laboratory processes.
- Compliance and adherence to all the relevant company policies, industry standards and regulatory expectations.
- 3rd level degree in Biomedical Science, Analytical Sciences or related field
- Ability to work without direct supervision within a team environment
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Able to maintain complete and accurate records and work in accordance with established procedures
- Calm under pressure and in stressful situations
- Good time management skills and ability to meet and accommodate multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Flexible approach is necessary to work in a fast-paced innovative environment
- Proactive and self-motivated
Working with Metabolomic Diagnostics
The position presents a unique experience to be part of a dynamic, international team focused on
delivering novel diagnostic solutions for mothers-to-be. As a member of the team you will contribute to
bringing product to market from Conception to Validation. Being part of an early stage company presents a
great opportunity to rapidly expand one’s experience.
Metabolomic Diagnostics is based in Cork, Ireland and offer a competitive salary package.
Contact: Interested applicants should contact email@example.com