Metabolomic Diagnostics Ltd is located in Cork, Ireland. The company is developing novel and innovative tests to predict pregnancy related complications prior to their clinical manifestation. The technology is based on the quantification of metabolites and proteins present in the bloodstream early in the pregnancy. The Scientific Researcher & Writer will work with the R&D team to disseminate the research output of the company. The role will involve conducting desk based scientific research and literature review and writing scientific papers. The role reports to the Chief Scientific Officer.
- Gaining understanding of the company’s core research and development programs to effectively support the company’s scientific information dissemination activities.
- Undertake patent searches to identify commercial and research opportunities.
- Write scientific papers in conjunction with members of the company’s research team, for submission to peer reviewed journals.
- Provide updates to the company’s marketing team on developments within the company’s domain of interest which they may choose to incorporate into their market communications efforts.
- Provide support to the company’s marketing team by disseminating the company’s research and development progress in the form of white papers and application notes.
Essential Requirements necessary to carry out the role effectively:
- Degree in one of the following disciplines or equivalent: Bioinformatics, Data Analytics, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry or Biomedical sciences
- Prior experience in desk-based research.
- Prior experience in writing scientific papers, published in peer reviewed journals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage constructively with stakeholders to communicate developments
- Capable to work without direct supervision within a team environment
- Ability to motivate and effect change.
Please submit a cover letter and CV to:
Call Hillary Cronin at 086 858 1607 for further information